Here are a few mock ups of the menu and shop front. As you can see, I have continued with the brown and beige theme and I have also found and used a typeface which is clear and easy to read for the menu, Bebas Neue.
Here are a few logo development ideas which I have created for a brief which I was given by a cafe in the Northern Quarter by the name of ‘Fresh Loaf’. They currently have very basic shop signs and menus and I have been given the task of trying to make the shop more appealing from the outside and also spice up their menu too.
The typeface was created by me in Illustrator as I couldn’t find a similar one anywhere online. I tried to incorporate a few bread loafs into the logo designs but not make them too prominent. As you can see in a few, the borders have been inspired by the shape of a loaf of bread and in others, I have used my own image of a loaf. The brown and beige colour scheme works quite well I think and gives it a slightly rustic feel.
An advert popped up before a video which I was intending to watch on YouTube advertising the benefits of a trip to South Africa and I was impressed with not just the actual advert content but, from a Graphic Designers view, the slight change in the South African flag used in the logo for the campaign, shown in the top left hand corner of the website above. The advert had the intended effect on me, even though it was through a different means; I was interested in the logo, but I still contributed to the traffic to their website as a direct result of seeing the advert and also had a browse around it to see some of what S.A. has to offer. The actual S.African flag is shown below and as you can see, the only real change in the logo and the flag is the change of focus from the whole flag to the arrow which is on the left hand side of the flag. The designer then elongated the black area to be able to accommodate the ‘South Africa’ text which has been written in a typeface which somehow works as it looks quite rural/hand-written and I could see it having links to safari’s too.
I thought that the actual campaign and website was well produced on the whole and was a lot more engaging and interesting than other similar campaigns which countries have used to try and make people visit. Off the top of my head, the VisitScotland and VisitBritain campaigns were quite bland in comparison and so were their websites, as you can see above. Typically British to be honest.
Here are the images which I created in Illustrator and them imported to Photoshop to make them into an image with a transparent backround in order to be able to use them in After Effects. The style which I have adopted is influenced by the work of Saul Bass and I really like the simplicity, which is a style that I wouldn’t usually use.
Here is the final piece which I have created for the ProCon2 Motion brief in which we had to produce a motion piece based around the narration of Dennis and Lois’ meeting with a famous person. As stated in previous posts, I chose to draw heavy influence from the style of illustrator Saul Bass as I have been interested in his work for a while and I thought that his style would lend itself perfectly to this type of narration. I had to chose the slightly tougher route of creating my own images rather that using the green-screen images which we were given as I wanted to become more confident using After Effects. I had to learn a few new skills like Masking to make the text appear like it was being written and also Motion Sketch to make some of the hand movements look more natural but as a result, I am now more accomplished in AE and will not hesitate to use the program in the future.
A bit more development on the logo for my mates company 3 Word Movement. I think that this layout works a lot better than the last ones as the text is perfectly aligned and this makes it a lot easier on the eye. I have also added a crop frame as a border as the company will be involved in media and photography. Subtle but effective I think.
I am close to finishing my ProCon2 Motion piece, and this is one of the final tasks that I have to undertake. In order to make the letter come out of the envelope, I had to create two layers to the envelope in Photoshop and import them as two different layers. The back layer is what will appear behind the letter and the front layer will be over the letter, at the bottom. Simple but effective.
A logo which I created for a mate of mine. I tried to play around with the same shape for each figure and the fact that the 3 W and M are kind of the same shape form helped a lot.
I have just learnt how to mask text in order to make it appear gradually. This is a useful skill to be able to use in my motion piece as i want to make the text appear behind the pen as if it is being written. I had to create a separate mask layer for each and then stagger the times that they come in and also carefully place the keyframes so that they follow the pen nib as closely as possible. So glad I’ve finally learnt how to use the Mask tool!
Here is the final welcome pack which the member will recieve upon completion of the online sign-up. The idea behind this was to have it as a welcome present which would supply the gentleman with the essentials to welcome them into the Bacardi family. The pack includes a cigar, cigar pouch, cigar cutter, gold plated Bacardi badge, welcome letter and loyalty card.